October 9, 2018 ….. United Way Sault Ste. Marie and district is accepting proposals to reduce the impact of poverty on residents of Sault Ste. Marie and in the district.
United Way Sault Ste. Marie & Algoma District is addressing the root causes of poverty, working with multiple community partners on strategies which reduce the impact of low income on the health and well-being of individuals and families in our community. United Way is focusing on three of the priority community issues and their respective outcomes as identified in the Sault Ste. Marie Poverty Reduction Strategic Action Plan.
The Priority Community Issues & Expected Outcomes
Essential Services – To provide a variety of services that will address the community’s low income members immediate needs in case of emergency and extraordinary circumstances and in addition addressing barriers to services. The outcomes we are eager to achieve by providing essential services to the community are:
1. Members of the Sault Ste. Marie community have increased knowledge of how to access support services
2. The 211 database for Sault Ste. Marie is up to date
3. Support services in Sault Ste. Marie are more accessible to the community
4. Immediate needs of low income community members are met
Workforce Entry – Will address barriers to employment and education in the community by providing necessary support accordingly. The outcomes we are eager to achieve by prioritizing workforce entry in the community are:
1. All members of the SSM community have access to supports needed to enter the workforce
2. Employers have increased knowledge of employment programs and supports available
3. Children and youth have the supports necessary to successfully complete an appropriate level of education
Food Security – exists when all people, at all times, have both physical and economic access to sufficient, safe, and nutritious food and meet their dietary needs and food preferences for an active healthy lifestyle.
1. Members of community will have increased knowledge of food security issues;
2. Increased availability of healthy foods in SSM & Algoma District;
3. Members of community will make better choices regarding healthy eating
Any registered charity interested in submitting a proposal click must apply on line by November 16, 2018 4:30pm.
RFP Link: https://gvipond.wufoo.com/forms/q1ehwobe1vl4osw/
Please print the application before starting. This will ensure you are prepared to answer all questions. Once you start the online application you have to complete it. It cannot be saved.
If you have any questions please contact: Gary Vipond, CEO, United Way of Sault Ste. Marie and district
Email: :email@example.com Telephone: 705-256-7476 X201